Wednesday, September 19, 2012

WW- Fans

Okay, even a loser like me is not oblivious to the fanatical musings of professional American football. I don't really enjoy the game. I haven't watched a game in over 2 years. I find it incredibly boring. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm also sure that I'm in the minority.

Football has the most amazing fans. Ticket holders will arrive hours before the game just to show their support. They arrive so early, in fact, that they need to bring food and cookout in order to tide them over until the game starts.

Arrival time is just one way in which the fans show their support. Most will have purchased some sort of team paraphernalia, such as a hat or jersey. Other people are not satisfied with that level of showmanship. They need to bring it to the next level, like these guys:












Too bad triathlon fans are not at that level yet. Most fans are friends, family, or fellow triathletes. If triathlon ever did garner the fan base, we'd probably have fans that looked like this...


But I don't think that's what triathlon is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment