Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WW- Truth in Advertising

I'm an iPhone guy. Compared to its capacity, is use it less efficiently than my brain (under 10% of its potential). I barely use it for phone calls (I'm not that popular).

One of my favorite apps is called Zite. For those unfamiliar, it's basically a personalized SmartPhone magazine. You install the free app and select categories of information that you want to read. I don't want to read about make-up and beauty, so I didn't select them. I do want to read about health and fitness, so I added it to the list. (FYI- Health and fitness apparently includes make-up and beauty. Ugh.)

Others not selected: Politics. Cooking
Others selected: Sports. Science and Technology

Including their pre-sets, you can also invent a category. I've invented triathlon, comics, and satire.

Now that I've selected my categories, the app will scour the web searching for recent articles. I simply click and read. The big bonus, no advertisements.

In a bit of irony, I was browsing the satire section and was interested in an article, from http://designtaxi.com,  on... Advertising. I guess the ads don't bother me as much as I think they do. Imagine what advertising would look like if the marketing geniuses told the truth about their product. It would look something like this:






No comments:

Post a Comment