Wednesday, December 19, 2012

WW- New Shoes

I seem to have sprung a small niggle in my lower left leg area. It's kinda difficult to describe. First, the location is on the outside of my extremity, sort of where the Achilles meets the ankle, just above the foot level. It's sore but it doesn't hurt to touch it. But its little tender when I cross my legs.

Anytime I get a leg injury, I immediately suspect my training. Most of running related mishaps stem from drastic changes in routine. However, I looked at my log and noticed no large increases in volume, frequency or intensity. Being ever lazy cautious, I took a couple of days off of running. When I resumed, sure enough, the pain remained.

I am a stubborn one when it comes to training. I really like it and I'm not willing to stop. I've been contemplating drastic measures, such as stretching, to see if it will help. I'm not willing to go that far at this time but the thought has popped up.

In the meantime, I'm still searching for a scapegoat/ solution to the issue. My current focus is on my shoes. It's been a while since I've gotten a new set of sneaks. I got online and ordered me up a couple of new kicks. When the shoes arrive, I'm hoping to ease the tension in my left leg. I'm also hoping to get a little faster, so as to avoid possible dinosaurs.


I'd like to tell you that I'm in that "Averagely Fit Person" category. Yup, I'd like to tell you that. At this point, it looks like I'm going down.

Just for the record, I did not order these... Yet.




One of my problems may be related to my daily shoes. My daytime shoes have migrated towards the minimalist style. Perhaps these shoes may be contributing to the problem.


I admit to owning more than one pair of Vibrams Five Fingers. I got them on sale and find them incredibly comfortable. Sure enough, every time I have them on, I get the strangest looks, mostly from the Wife. Others are not really into the style. They'll wear sandals and flip-flops with the naked toes exposed without an issue. Cover your toes with some fabric and it's nothing but the stink eye.



Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment