Wednesday, April 24, 2013

WW- New Bike Ideas 2

Racing season is right around the corner. And by the corner, I mean it starts this weekend. Sort of. 

See, I've already done one race that didn't go so well. It was a running race so I couldn't have expected much.

This weekend, I get to add a discipline. On Saturday, the Flower City Duathlon takes center stage. I have done this race in the past and I previewed it here. For those too lazy to check, a duathlon is a run-bike-run. The bike gets to get out of the pain cave and out on to the open road. I hope it's up for the challenge.

On Sunday, Rochester will host the first big running event in the nation post Boston tragedy in the form of a half-marathon called the Flower City Half Marathon. They've upped security and made it abundantly clear that riding my bike during the race is absolutely forbidden. Sigh. Because I had some pretty good bicycles all set up and ready to go.

This bike has multisport written all over it! 
 



Note: My lawn mower is actually broken right now making the above much more appealing.

Note 2: The bikes below are just in case something happens out on the road and I may need to replace the bike with something more efficient. These are multi-purpose bikes.


Okay, I don't actually know what the function of the bike nor the beard in the above. I'm pretty sure the bike below violates the laws of thermodynamics as a perpetual biking machine that also makes electricity.

And, the most applicable bike of them all, solving both nutrition and hydration problems at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment