Monday, April 8, 2013

Over the Hump

As promised, here is an update as to how ReLenting is going this season. Today marks the halfway point of my ReLenting Days. The worst part is over.  It's all downhill from here. My palms are getting hairy. I'm on the back 9. I am officially over the Hump.

This whole Lenten Challenge thing for me has historically been rather difficult. Every time I've tried, I've failed. Much the same as my Ironman marathon run. I just haven't figured it out.

Here's the way things have gone in the past:
  • Make huge goals
  • Start off strong
  • Fizzle in the middle
  • Never quite make it 
  • Hate myself in the end

Here's the way it's gone in 2013:
  • Make huge goals
  • Start off strong
  • Get the flu
  • Resume before recovered
  • Relapse
  • Feel guilty
  • Start over
  • Take the new program mile by mile
On March 16th, I scratched the original plan and tried again. I rationalized that there was no real reason Lent had to end on Easter. It's not like anyone else in the world was Lenting and ending on Easter anyways. I have completed 23 days of the self-required 46. The program will end on Tuesday, May 2nd.

Here's how things have gone so far in March. You'll notice the break in activity on the 14th and 15th, which is what caused the controversy in the first place. You'll notice the addition of the evil color yellow.


Here's how April has been shaping up. You'll see some running. And some biking. And you'll notice I forgot to swim.


Despite recent race results, I feel good. I feel confident. I might even start doing some speed work.


That should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment