Wednesday, August 15, 2012

WW- Ode to Mo

Note: Blogger is not acting its normal self. I apologize in advance for the crappy formatting in this post. I hope to fix it in the near future...

Okay, I think I have figured out my writing funk. I'll get back to you in a short while as to it's logistics. I suspect that it's a bit more complicated than I had originally intended, but isn't that the way it is with everything?

One reason for my lack of blogging motivation was definitely not the Olympics. I am quite sad to see them go and there was so much happening that would have been fun to write about. I did watch the men's and women's triathlon in their entirety. I clung to pretty much whatever NBC opted to show me. I came to the conclusion that, in order to get air time, the sport needed the USA in a medal round, water, running, or scantily clad women.

It was not completely bad from that perspective, assuming you had the patience to sit through the commercials. One of the great stories of the Olympics 2012 was some of the feats accomplished on the track. Yes, the aptly named Mr. Bolt did his thing. But, I firmly believe one of the great races of the Games came from Great Britain's own Mo Farrah.

 If you don't know Mo, then let me fill you in... The dude can run a 10k fast enough to be considered flying. And, he's had a lot of practice. It seems like Mo has been running his entire life, not all of it for glory. You see, despite his appearance, Mo is constantly getting into trouble. Running is his escape pod. Luckily for us, there has always been a camera on him, capturing his escape.


See, Mo runs away from a lot of things. Most of which are documented here.

No comments:

Post a Comment