Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WW- Writer's Block

I have writer's block. It's partially mental and partially physical.

The mental part is in relation to the number of ideas that I have floating around in the inner space of my mind that's more space than anything else. I currently have no less than 7 posts started and am gaining very little ground in accomplishing what I want to achieve. But, they are off to a good start so I've got that going for me.

The physical blocking starts with the fact that I am teaching a period of summer school (more proof of my lack of intellect). I could be having an all-day's worth of very little moving and no responsibility. Nope. Now, I have to get up and go to work. Plus, I am training again. Hopefully, someday soon, I'll tell you about my up-and-coming races right after I tell you about my last races. Until then, I have been arising at 5:00 am in order to get in a workout. Then another short workout after work. Followed by dinner. Finally, there's currently something going on in London which has captured my attention.

I'm surprised as to how many people have come up to tell me that they watched cycling in the Olympics. Credit NBC for actually showing the cycling events (one of the few things I'll cut them slack in regards to their Olympic decision making). They know I'm a triathlete and therefore ride a bike. It's exactly the same thing.

Spoiler alert: The Americans didn't win any of in the long distance road races. We did nail the ladies time trial. Go Kristen Armstrong. (USA! USA!). The American bloke, Taylor Phinney, took 4th place in both road races. The winners were all European with no measurable upper body strength.

Perhaps it's not Taylor's training that's the problem but his extracurricular activities. The Europeans are know for their total immersion into the bike. The bike dominates their life. They're also pretty good dancers. Taylor, and you, need to learn this dance:

No comments:

Post a Comment